Monday, April 14, 2014

Omeka Site!



Here is my Omeka site!

The concept for the site was to annotate the children's book Two Little Savages by Ernest Thompson Seton. First published in 1903, the book is a great platform to talk about how people reacted to industrialization, the conservation movement, the technical education movement, and the popular depiction of American Indians.

Currently, only content from Part 1 of the book is up (I wanted to digitize the illustrations myself because I did not like the ones online). There are still some little things that I would like to add and expand on, particularly uploading more historic content and expanding each section of the exhibit and, of course, digitizing and uploading content from the rest of the book. With more time I would also probably experiment with the Simple Pages plugin and see if I could customize a page where a digitized copy of the book would be available directly on the website.

In any case this is it so far.

Two Little Savages, full page illustration, page 22 (Header: page 36, cropped)


No comments:

Post a Comment